AECOM has a future opportunity for a Chemical Engineer 1 contingent upon award of contract. Location to be one of the following: Aiken, SC or Oak Ridge, TN or Richland, WA office.
The Chemical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering guidance, analysis, studies and recommendations for a specialized segment of engineering within schedule and budget of an assigned project. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the company, project, or contract.
- Perform design, development or review tasks in specific areas under close supervision.
- Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
- Assist in generation of specifications and engineering data.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Interface with customers in design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
+ Must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering from a 4 year accredited college or university; or degree must be successfully obtained by June 2020.
+ 0-1 years of post-graduation professional chemical engineering experience
+ Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills
+ Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen. No dual citizens.
+ Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
+ Position may require travel.
+ Related Internships are a plus.
+ Grade Point Average (GPA) 2.9 or above preferred.
+ EIT or FE certification.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.