The Lead Application Engineer will be a key part of building a world-class application engineering team supporting a wide range of electric motor and motion control products. The mission of the Lead Application engineer will be to help win new business by providing pre- and post- sales technical support for all ElectroCraft products. The position is based in Ann Arbor, MI and reports directly to the Vice President of Sales for North America.
The Lead Application Engineer will be an important part of the North American Sales team, responsible for fulfilling the promise of ElectroCraft as a true solutions provider. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently with customers and as part of a sales team. The position requires hands on support at both the component and system level to help our customers get their systems up and running to accelerate their new machine designs. The Lead Application Engineer will help drive the growth of ElectroCraft by supporting customers and sales representatives in the process of applying ElectroCraft products in new designs. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: responding to customer inquiries, creating and documenting technical solutions, developing cost models for new and existing products, traveling to customer sites to apply ElectroCraft products and solutions, and acting as the liaison between customers and ElectroCraft engineering.
This position offers growth opportunities to a self-motivated individual with a solid technical background and a desire to grow beyond a purely technical career.
- BSEE required
- 5 years work experience in application of electrical or electromechanical products
- Hands-on experience with motors/drives including their application, setup and sizing of motors/drives based on motion requirements
- Proven trouble-shooting skills, including experience commissioning new motion control systems.
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Strong mechanical aptitude is needed
- Proficient with Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including e-mail etiquette, and sales presentations
- Desire to travel (25% travel required)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects
- Desire to advance in a sales oriented career
- Self-motivated individual to drive our business forward
- Experience working with field sales force is desirable
- Excellent organizational skills are a must
- Valid US Driver’s license
Please provide Salary Requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply