SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
YWDT is an aerospace design and manufacturing company located in Palmdale, CA. We are a small but growing company with 4-8 employees. We are seeking engineers to assist in the design and manufacture of proprietary and build-to-print products.
The successful candidate will report directly to the executive manager and will provide hands-on mechanical design and engineering expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
-10 years Aerospace Mechanical Engineer role in the design and manufacture of test equipment as well as various avionics packaging.
-Extreme knowledge in CNC operations and programming with ability to train shop operators at all levels.
-Ability to design from initial concept for new designs and able to develop manufacturing plans for Build-to-Print opportunities.
-Proficient in electronic component selection, cabling design and test, and small to medium size metal packaging for AN/UIM-1 and AN/USM-713 types of equipment.
-Must have systems design experience to be able to conceptualize the entire project and communicate the design down to lower sub-component levels.
-Knowledgeable in the design and manufacture of aircraft structures such as aircraft pods, aircraft wings, radar instruments and associated avionics.
- Proficient in contract negotiations and bidding, component research and procurement; and proficient in standard drafting tool usage, engineering mathematics and structural diagnostics at a minimum.
-Highly proficient in Solid Works, Gerber, and AutoCAD to create drawings, conceptualize mechanical designs; generate ECRs and follow Standard Configuration Control methodology, and more.
- Candidate is owner and leader of all mechanical engineering activities.
- Responsible to meet all phases within the project plan.
-Design mechanical packaging, cables, circuit boards, etc. for our Test Equipment product line as well as the ability to effectively bid on new contracts resulting in attained profit margin at contract closeout.
-Research new and existing processes minimizing overall waste.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 - $89,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employers follow CDC guidelines and apply to job site. Employees are highly encouraged to be fully vaccinated.
- Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States?
- Are you currently eligible to work in the United States of America?
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place