Cisco Network Engineer
Workgroup Technology Partners (WGTech) is one of Northern New England’s most progressive business technology providers. We take an honest, upfront philosophy to serving our customers. We care about their success and that shows in our professional, flexible approach to doing business.
We’re looking for the right person to join our winning team.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for implementing and supporting Cisco LAN/WAN and VPN networks. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently or as part of a team to meet critical implementation deadlines and perform troubleshooting of complex networks.
Employment Type: This is a full-time position.
Location: Based in the greater Portland, Maine Area
Timeframe: Starting Immediately
- 7+ years of experience building, managing, and supporting Cisco networks
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and/or other Cisco certifications are highly desirable. Strong experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience utilizing routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and MPLS
- Experience with the operation, security, troubleshooting and design of enterprise data networks
- Solid understanding of QOS concepts, implementation, and support techniques
- Able to design and implement security technologies such as Access Control Lists, RADIUS, IPSEC, IPS, etc.
- Broad knowledge of different LAN and WAN technologies
- Experience with wireless technologies, including 802.11a/b/g/n, WAP configuration, 802.1x, site surveys, monitoring, and fault isolation preferred (Cisco CAPWAP wireless experience)
- Solid understanding of Cisco best practices concerning voice and data networks
- Able to create and maintain detailed network documentation
- Knowledge of data protocols, IT architectures, networking standards and security best practices
- Basic Windows and/or Linux skills are a plus
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP is a plus
- Strong personal and team communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westbrook, ME 04092 (Preferred)
- IP networking: 5 years (Preferred)
- CCNP (Preferred)
- CCNA (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location