Jimmy's on Congress is a world class jazz and Blues listening room and supper club. Jimmy's will be holding performance is 5 days a week. Jimmy's cuisine will be Creole influenced using local, seasonal, and sustainable products. The service at Jimmy's will be elevated without pretentiousness. Jimmy's will also be a regional destination for corporate, social, and private events. The Sound and Light specs and design are unsurpassed in the region.
Job Title: Production Manager
Reports to: Executive Director / Director of Ops
Job Class: Exempt, Full Time, Management
To maintain a high level of technical production and represent Jimmy’s to the local, national and international artistic communities as a fully professional venue, dedicated to meeting the needs of performers and clients. This position is to be the in-house audio, video, lighting and technical engineer; to advance all shows and events; to maintain, organize and inventory all equipment.
Job Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Overseeing up to five (5) event days per week
- Events are defined as concerts, private parties or venue rentals.
- There may be more than one event in any day.
- Scheduling of other engineers when needed. Supervision of engineers through manager and floor staff feedback and ensuring all standards are met.
- Maintenance, organization and inventory of all equipment.
- Advancing of all events with tour managers (including merchandise sales) or event planners; working from the marked up tech rider and making sure status is updated on Tripleseat BEO document.
- Coordinating backline and equipment rental with rental companies
- Participating in production meetings with Events team and clients as needed
- Setting up the various spaces with tech needs as required (Main Space, Private Dining Room, Restaurant, Patio)
- Being the point of contact with artists and management when they arrive at CW, greeting, showing to dressing room(s), introducing them to Box Office Manager who deals with hospitality
- Managing the run of show (Band sound checking start and end time, coordinating start of show, house and stage lighting).
- Greet artists and management in a friendly and polite manner (you are the face of Jimmy’s to these folks)
- Show them Green Room and Dressing Room
- In advance of artist arrival make sure rooms are clean and set with hospitality as per the rider
- Give a run down of times – dinner, show time, call time if leaving the venue after soundcheck
- Make sure stage water and towels are supplied and any other on stage requests (tea etc)
- Make sure the pre and post show music is appropriate and at a suitable level.
- Make sure we have a pre show stage lighting look and that show lighting is appropriate (a focused look rather than a stage wash for a solo performer etc) and that lighting is dynamic to match the show (one look is not sufficient for any show).
- Coordinate with on-stage announcer if artist is to be introduced, otherwise act as VOG to announce artist to stage
- Coordinate with floor manager to make sure house lights are at show level when announcement is played
- Sitting and walking regularly
- Must be able to sustain louder noise volume
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Daily office and venue environment
- Must be able to travel as needed
Job Requirements: Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and Technical work experience
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Commitment to company values
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- live music: 3 years (Preferred)
- live mixing: 3 years (Preferred)
- show advancing: 2 years (Preferred)
- live lighting: 2 years (Preferred)