Join an entrepreneurial team of dedicated engineering and technical services consultants that work to improve and strengthen America’s energy infrastructure. At LSC, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of people and the environment without compromise in a fast-paced, high energy environment. LSC supports client projects ranging from pipeline construction to plant design, allowing our teams to gain a breadth of in-depth experience while making a positive impact in the exciting energy market. We want you to join our team and make an impact!
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a position as a Mechanical Engineer I at our office in Duluth, MN.
The Mechanical Engineer I will be responsible for pipeline related design, construction management and integrity management projects from inception through to delivery. The position will be responsible for both drafting and engineering efforts under the direction of a professional engineer.
- Ability to provide support in; estimating, contracting, design, construction management, integrity management, or commissioning functions for projects involving pipelines and related facilities.
- Willingness to provide technical assistance to Engineering and Operations Departments to resolve operating problems or to establish best operating practices.
- Accurately complete projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs.
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Perform computer aided design (CAD) and drafting functions to assist in completion of project deliverables.
- Perform design analyses and write technical reports under the direction of a professional engineer.
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey and design reports and final project reports
- Recommend modifications to senior personnel for approval
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited university
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to quickly adapt to diverse needs and changing projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership potential.
- Ability to work in group settings with a project team.
- Competency with Microsoft office suite (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Willingness to travel up to 25%. The position will typically require less than 25% travel, but could be more intensive at times.
- Oil/Gas experience, a plus.
- Frequent periods of standing for long periods.
- Occasional lifting in up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to weather including heat and cold climates.
- Ability to work long hours and possible overtime when projects demand.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Incentive compensation and bonus plans
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (twelve per year)