It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
Build and enhance our proven security platform
Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
You will be working in the team responsible for a family of Browsing Isolation products. This team is distributed across many time zones, which brings its own challenges and advantages. Our product is roughly 50% infrastructure and 50% internet browser software running on that infrastructure. You will be working on a sub-division of that product team responsible for reliability of systems. Our product needs include many challenging problems — designing distributed databases, cross-cluster and cross-regional communications, high security requirements, automatic creation of new clusters. Almost 100% of our infrastructure is automated using Terraform and Kubernetes, and aside from monitoring we are trying to use as much cloud capabilities as possible in order to avoid support of third party software.
- Be involved in product development from infrastructure point of view
- Define and collect metrics that will allow for early problem detection
- Manage systems and infrastructure in geo distributed project that is used 24/7
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Build connections with other product teams across proofpoint with which we have integration points
- Reducing complexity of the systems when it is possible
What you bring to the team
- Extensive experience managing, troubleshooting, and tuning Linux systems
- Excellent knowledge of networking and abilities to find root causes of connection issues
- Experience with cross-cloud communication, VPN
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Competency with Kubernetes, Terraform or similar cluster management automation tools
- Proficiency in Golang and Java for writing distributed applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with setting up and supporting monitoring systems with high cardinality of data, Prometheus preferably
- Experience in implementation of security measures such as key rotation, data encryption, principle of least privilege would be appreciated
- Experience working independently
- Experience working fully remote
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!