The selected candidate will work within the R&D team based in Winooski VT, under the guidance and supervision of experienced R&D engineers to update products to meet regulatory and product rebranding requirements. You will also participate in hands on product design and development of our life science instrumentation.
As a Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include the full range of the product design process:
· Redesign and development of parts using Solidworks
· Creation and updates to drawings.
· Create and submit ECO's.
· Collaborate with Manufacturing to ensure successful implementation.
· Create schedules and ensure schedules are met.
· Prototype assemblies and hands on work may be required.
· Creation and updates to BOM's.
· Managing the procurement of parts to support the project.
Experience with SolidWorks is a requirement
· Experience with Siemens NX is preferred.
· Experience with ASME Y14.5 drafting standards is preferred.
· Collaborative personality, strong teammate
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
· Previous experience in R&D/manufacturing is preferred.
· Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $50.00 per hour
Work Location: One location