As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This position supports NSP within the Strategic Missile Defense Line of Business in Lockheed Martin Space.
As a Mechanical Engineer responsible for ICD development, you will:
- Develop, release and maintain missile mechanical Interface Control Documents (ICDs) on the Flight System Systems Engineering Team
- Release engineering drawings and documents for systems engineering within Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM)/Windchill
- Work with Certified Principal Engineers (CPEs) and designers to establish and document missile internal interfaces to ensure smooth integration at the system level
- Support mechanical integration efforts within the Flight System Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) team
- Support mechanical compatibility analyses for the missile flight system
Typically has 2- 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience
- Creo CAD drafting (or equivalent), drawing development and EPDM release experience
- Understanding of mechanical system behavior and performance, requirement derivation and allocation, and methods to evaluate and document
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Missile or satellite system mechanical analysis, integration, analysis, requirements development and/or decomposition experience
- Possess strong system perspective and problem-solving skills
- Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
- Creo experience highly preferred
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.