The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle by applying their technical skills and experiences to improve Endurance software design and development methods. This individual will work cross-functionally with the company organization and groups which include security, operations, and other development teams. As a Senior Engineer, this individual will contribute to the success of our engineering teams through collaboration and mentoring.
What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Use a deep and comprehensive understanding of the hardware, protocols, and technologies used for internet infrastructure to meet objectives.
- Understand current advancements in web technologies and how they can be used to improve our software product.
- Collaborate on the introduction of new technologies with the leadership team.
- Address any development business needs by creating a solution from concept, architecture, planning, development, deployment, monitoring and support.
- Provide for the needs of our enterprise scale business with performant architectural decisions.
- Demonstrate experience in identifying, analyzing, and resolving performance related issues on a senior level.
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and demand generators regarding technical details, requirements, goals, roadmaps, risks, and deliverables.
- Improve the process of engineering and deployment with a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
Why you'll love us:
- 3+ years of experience in Perl
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js, Backbone.js or similar framework
- 5+ years of experience developing websites and applications
- 5+ years in at least one server-side computing language
- 7+ years of experience in several server-side computing languages
- 5+ years working in an Agile environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- We break for fitness. The onsite gym makes it easy to sneak in a quick workout.
- Grab me some GrubHub. Our employees enjoy a $10.50 GrubHub allowance two days each week, and with catering on two other days, and weekly beer cart, you may find yourself needing our onsite gym!
- Gamers welcome. X-box, Playstation, and Nintendo 64 help our teams decompress, but if you're not into video games, you can enjoy pool, air hockey, ping pong, and even good old-fashioned board games.
- We love to help you have fun. Our Culture Committee is dedicated to just one thing: making sure you have fun at work. Beer carts, regular offsite and in-house events, and holiday and summer parties mean no matter what the calendar says, there's something great in the works.
- We've got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we're there for you!