About Bluegrass Living:
Bluegrass Living manufactures residential and commercial heating products including gas fireplace inserts, gas space heaters and outdoor construction heaters.
Machines and Equipment:
· Various Presses Ranging From 80-550 Tons
· Citizen CNC Swiss Screw Machine
· Prima Power CNC Turret Punch/ Laser
· Finn Power Ex Turret Punch
· Prima CNC Press Brake
· Accurpress CNC Press Brake
Job Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibility:
Responsible for configuring manufacturing systems and programming CNC machines to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
· Program all CNC machines.
· Be the subject matter expert in our fabrication manufacturing processes.
· Develops fabrication routings (manufacturing plans) to verify sequence of operations.
· Develops a line balancing process for improved tact time / through put.
· Design process flow and rate realization.
· Responsible for keeping all operation sheets updated and correct.
· Maximize machine performance through effective maintenance programs.
· Develop and define process procedures and training requirements.
· Works closely with facilities engineering identifying and qualifying new equipment.
· Increase manufacturing capacity and efficiency through process improvements and the fabrication, purchase, and validation of new equipment.
· Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
· Conduct time studies and line/machine balancing.
· Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
· Assist in preparing product samples and prototypes and giving suggestion to engineers on design for manufacturability and assembly input improvements.
· Monitor and record scrap, productivity, and machine uptime.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Computer literacy and ability to operate computer-controlled machinery and equipment.
· Excellent technical skills and training in AutoCAD, Solid Works etc.
· Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing administration, including JIT manufacturing theory.
· Use of precision measuring tools (Micrometers, indicators, etc.).
· Ability to read, interpret and create CAD model drawings.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with reading prints to quote/bid jobs (desirable, not required).
· Ability to work well and collaborate with personnel from all levels in all functions of the organization.
· Computer skills as they relate to inventory control, MS Word and Excel, Outlook, Access, ERP System.
· Good mechanical aptitude.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to plan and organize.
· Familiarity with OSHA guidelines.
· Associate Degree in Technical Discipline or Significant experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of five years manufacturing experience.
· 40 Hours per week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· Overtime may be required occasionally.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
· Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable.
· Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
· Job occasionally requires reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting to 50 pounds.
· Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
· 401K Opportunity with company match.
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave
· Paid Vacation
· Health Insurance Options
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide ID documents as listed in I9 Form.
Salary: Based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible