Your skills are highly sought! You have choices of where to work! How do you decide?
Let us tell you about HurckmanMechanical. We offer you unique officespace in a new building added to the Hurckman property just last year. The BIM department is growth oriented andhighly valued. We’d love to introduce youto the BIM team and discuss your future here at the company!
POSITION SUMMARY: Using virtual construction software, develop detailed design drawings that are used to support shop fabrication and field installation of construction projects. These projects include HVAC/R, Process Piping, Plumbing and Sheet Metal Ductwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
- Assist in developing standards for BIM and its use within planning, estimating, operations and business development.
- Provide BIM related solutions, through hands-on direct work, to solve a variety of technical problems.
- Create 2D and 3D phasing and logistics plans from contract documents and based on potential solutions to construction challenges.
- Prepare plan sections, detail drawings, create spool sheets, bill of materials, etc.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings
- Coordinate and detail HVAC systems
- Field measure and develop system installations and modifications
- Produce accurate “As-Built” drawings from field mark-ups
- Design drawings based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers
- Coordinate and work closely with other departments on design, layout and detailed components and systems to resolve design issues or installation constraints
- Prioritize projects carefully and be able to switch gears and adjust schedules as needed
QUALIFICATIONS include but not limited to:
- Degree in Architectural Drafting, Construction Management or similar field with knowledge of current CAD and BIM platforms
- 2+ years’ experience in Trades in field installation or shop fabrication highly valued
- SYSQUE Experience preferred
- Experience with Process Piping
- ACORN experience preferred
- AutoCAD, Revit, 360 Glue, NavisWorks, Bluebeam
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications and scopes of work
- Strong communication and organization skills required
- Able to handle multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Highly motivated, proactive and have good follow through
- Positive attitude and sense of teamwork
BENEFITS INCUDE: Full benefit package including health, dental,vision, life and disability insurance; Health Savings Account; 401k; Vacation, PTO& Holiday pay; Discretionary annual bonus; Flexible working environment.
No EmptyPromises! It's not complicated. Each team member at Hurckman MechanicalIndustries is committed to delivering on our promise – call it hard work,experience or drive, we call it Hurckman. Our expertise includes Heating, Air Conditioning, Insulation, Piping,Plumbing, Sheet Metal, Refrigeration and Commercial/Industrial HVAC andMechanical Contracting.
Weare an equal opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants withoutregard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, maritalstatus, disability, or age, in compliance with federal, state, and local lawsgoverning nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Type: Full-time