Gesture is one of the newest on-demand companies to join the popular "on-demand" family. Our mission is to make the world smaller again one Gesture at a time. We live out our mission by providing a solution to the historical problem of overpriced gifting. Gesture allows anyone to send flowers, wine, champagne and much more delivered in less than 30 minutes, all for a fixed price of $20. Happiness Delivered!
We are a fun, scrappy, yet organized tech start-up located in midtown.
*We are looking for a great Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer Intern to join our team immediately. You will be responsible for performing tests on computer applications to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyze results and finds solutions to technical problems.
QA Engineer Intern responsibilities include:
- Design and executive test plans on computer applications.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
- Verify specific action or function of code.
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s/Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience coding using JAVA, HTML5, DB2, XML
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in teams and/or alone
- Must have a go-getter and self sufficient type of perspective.
- Competitive nature with desire to perform well under performance metrics
We encourage you to visit yourgesture.com at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
All the learning benefits of a large efficiently operated tech company, however still allowing the scrappiness of a start-up environment.
Job Type: Internship