Monroe Truck Equipment is a leading truck equipment manufacturer/installer with locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky. Learn more about us at www.monroetruck.com.
The Industrial Engineer position is responsible to evaluate possible improvements to current processes; use problem solving skills, 5S lean methodology and root cause analysis to eliminate waste; and lead process improvement teams to eliminate waste and streamline TE operations
JUNIOR INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Use problem solving skills, 5S lean methodology and root cause analysis to eliminate waste, inefficiencies and reoccurring problems in production processes.
Collect and analyze time study data, being proficient in performance leveling of personnel being studied, analyzing data and creating man-machine interference reports.
Create and maintain written, visual work instructions and specifications per quality standards to optimize process performance.
Evaluate possible improvements to current processes by studying operator content, equipment, workflow, and cost to manufacture or assemble.
Standard cost analysis of new and existing products or processes and the cost impact of changes.
Develop work cell layouts to optimize efficiency in movement of personnel, product, and elimination of wasted motion.
Evaluate tool incident reports and look for patterns that may reduce breakage and/or scrap.
Quote operator content, safety and ergonomics needed for new jobs based on cycle times and equipment.
Use Six Sigma methods to identify products and processes that can be improved, then help to improve or redesign the processes.
Implement lean manufacturing techniques into new and existing products.
Create and analyze current state and future state value stream maps of material and information flow in processes.
Lead process improvement teams. Exhibits effective project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology requires a minimum of five years’ experience working in an engineering or technical field
- Experience related to the design and development of on-highway, heavy/light duty truck, specialty, or automotive vehicles preferred
- Possess a Class B CDL, or be willing to obtain
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision
- Comfortable with both analytical and “hands-on” application of technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks with ability to review and modify assemblies, models, and detail drawings
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, with the ability to pull data as needed for analysis (e.g. costs, usage, supplier, volumes)
- Positive attitude
- Creative and innovative team player
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute multiple concurrent assignments
o Communication skills, verbal and written o Leadership attributes and interpersonal skills
o Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Willing and able to travel
Monroe Truck Equipment is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer