CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
The Electrical Test Engineer role designs, delivers, and supports equipment software solutions for a wide range of innovative medical electronics-based products and process control equipment. They are responsible for the development and release of Test equipment solutions supporting the release of new product manufacturing lines. This engineer would also be involved in determining if existing equipment software is adequate to support production manufacturing requirements for new products.
This engineer would be responsible for designing and implementing the software and integrating the hardware portion of an equipment solution. This development is accomplished by interfacing with manufacturing and process development engineers to create a compliant solution for production equipment release and support. The equipment solution development includes debugging while interfacing to the equipment; perform R&R (repeatability & reproducibility) analyses; qualification and validation documentation, and support for system releases. Utilizes software environments including LabVIEW and TestStand. Troubleshoots software and hardware problems using root cause analysis and provides technical solutions for equipment-related problems and provides yield improvement solutions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Developing Automated Test Equipment to manufacture or test electronic components
- Designing, developing, and debugging dedicated hardware and software, performing verification and validation activities, performing Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R studies); all in support of equipment solution release for production manufacturing of electronic medical device components
- Deployment and qualification and of equipment. Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and completed for all technology programs transferred to product line specific areas
- Troubleshooting yield and performance issues to root cause using statistics-based analyses and providing related technical solutions
- Following equipment development procedures and demonstrate compliance through technical documentation generation
- Active and key participant in the evaluation and strategic planning for new: technology, products and materials and their impact on the business. Performs research and evaluates new ideas & technologies
- Foster a culture of driving toward high quality designs, collaboration, and innovation
- Work is performed with minimal direction
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
- Travel: less than 10%
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 0+ years of experience
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Design and Development with Bachelors
- 1+ years of experience in Engineering Design and Development with an Advanced degree
- 2+ years of experience working in a medical or other regulated industry
- Familiar with LabVIEW and/or TestStand
- Strong communication, manufacturing process, product industrialization and leadership skills
- Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)