A.L.P. is an international leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of lighting components and components for other technical industries. We offer the industry’s most comprehensive line of products for OEMs and the aftermarket. For proprietary projects, our unique “360° Solutions” suite of custom services enables us to collaborate with customers at every stage of a product’s life cycle. Our core commitment is to provide superior service and product performance to every customer.
A.L.P. is committed to creating value within a wide range of products. Brands include LexaLite®, Reflek®, Steel Craft and Vantex™. With manufacturing plants in the U.S., Mexico, and Europe, and distribution centers strategically located throughout the U.S., Europe, Latin America and South America, A.L.P. endures as an innovative supplier of feature differentiated products, processes and lighting innovations.
Our search begins for a CNC Programmer at our Lithia Springs, GA facility.
FUNCTION: Perform duties to program CNC blanking and bending equipment, design and purchase CNC punching and bending tools, provide CNC tooling and part cost estimates for customer quotes, create and modify part production drawings using AutCAD, provide technical support and work with design engineers and customers to design products for CNC manufacturing process.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support to all production operations.
- Interact with engineering and production staff to solve production-related problems.
- Perform CNC programming for all production equipment.
- Review work orders and related paperwork to plan CNC equipment set ups.
- Translate instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program. (dependent on facility)
- Check completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepare geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determine sequence of operations in a program.
- Analyze job order and perform necessary calculations. (dependent on facility)
- Write programs and modify existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyze and select speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Make improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplify tooling time for workers and increase productivity for the client.
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Required)
- How many years of experience do you have using CAD software?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift