Fully qualified candidates starting at $15.00/hr with opportunity to progress. Wage commensurate with experience.
Seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to support manufacturing operations at our plant.. The plant manufactures custom corrugated fiberboard containers and die cuts in a fast paced environment. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the plant meets its key performance metrics and goals for safety, quality, throughput, delivery and cost. Must be able to work shifts including nights and weekends.
You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic processes and systems. You will work with operators, mechanics, electricians and engineers to solve manufacturing problems.
Specific job duties include:
- Assemble, install, dismantle, repair, and reassemble mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Diagnose and correct mechanical malfunctions so as to maintain equipment in a state of operating effectiveness and to meet production requirements
- Work on mechanical equipment such as powered conveyors, flexographic presses, rotary and platen die presses, folder gluers, semi automatic glue/tape/stitching systems, compactors, dust collectors, pump systems, and other related equipment.
- You will execute predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance as scheduled.
- Use a variety of hand and portable power tools, along with shop equipment such as drill press, hack saw, grinder, lathe, etc.
- Requisition and procure required materials.
- Work from prints, sketches and other written or verbal instructions.
- Maintain personal work tools
- Perform other related miscellaneous duties as required
The position is expected to cover operations as necessary, which may include nights and weekends.
- At least 3 years relevant mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/plant environment,
- Ability to operate mobile equipment;
- Ability to be self-directed and work with limited supervision;
- Ability to perform precision tasks including alignments.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance electrical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the repair / installation of mechanical equipment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of predictive maintenance practices (vibration, ultrasound, etc.) desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety in the maintenance and repair of systems defined herein.
- Journeyman certification as an Industrial Mechanic or Millwright
- Three plus years of Plant Mechanical Maintenance experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Phoenix/Packaging Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer benefits including options to fit your needs such as life insurance, long and short term disability coverage (AFLAC paid by employee), 401k plan, paid time off.
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Sense of Urgency
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Proficient Communication Skills, Math Skills and Computer Skills
- Highly Motivated and Self-Managed
This position requires self-supervisory skills- Individual reports directly to Operator.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Manufacturing personal protective equipment is required, which includes the use of masks. Phoenix provides a face shield if preferred in addition to the mask. Hand sanitizing locations throughout the facility. Other procedures defined.
- Operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mount Joy, PA 17552 (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible