Persnickety People. Exceptional Cheese. Come join our Maintenance Team!
You are a self-starter, who can prioritize and lead in the absence of clear direction. You work well in team environments, soliciting feedback and understanding how your decisions impact the plant floor and the bottom line. You enjoy finding the root of the problem and creative solutions.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you're ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Operate and maintain the plant pneumatic, hydraulic, fire protection, water & sewer, steam, HVAC and refrigeration equipment
- Ammonia system knowledge and trouble shooting skills are necessary.
- Maintain, systematically troubleshoot, repair and replace in-kind, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic parts, primarily for facility HVAC control and utility-based equipment.
- Ensure all work performed on ammonia systems comply with PSM & RMP requirements, following RAGAGEP standards (Recognizing and Generally Accept Good Engineering Practices).
- Work with internal and external contacts to maintain, update, and comply with all PSM, RMP, State, and City recording and legal requirements.
- Maintain check sheet records for data collection purposes and regulatory compliance. Utilize system-based process where available and follow any corrective action when needed.
- Maintain and update technical manuals for utilities, HVAC, and ammonia related systems.
- Optimize and refine PMs based on findings, such as; frequency, task list, etc.
- Share any newly learned discoveries pertinent to repair or troubleshooting techniques that will assist team to react more efficiently and safely.
- Review equipment spare parts and supply needs for new and existing equipment.
- Complete work order assignments within the given amount of time directed. Report any need for deviation through proper channels.
- Plan and schedule contractor maintenance service as required while utilizing system processes as appropriate.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two of more years of related experience required
- Associate degree in Electromechanical, Automated Manufacturing, Industrial Machine Maintenance certificate, Maintenance Technician Journeyman, Millwright Journeymen with additional electrical, mechanical course work and demonstrated skill set, preferred.
- Ammonia systems, HVAC, Steam generating system, refrigeration training and certification required and must be obtained and maintained for this position within specified time while in training as in apprentice or new hire.
- Facilities management knowledge including buildings and grounds, refrigeration, HVAC, other.
- Requires advanced knowledge, training and demonstrated competency with ammonia systems and specific hazards related to operation and repair of these systems.
- Must be highly skilled in systematic troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify and isolate problems before initiating and implementing effective repairs.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements for Ammonia mask fit.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements for PPE required to perform job duties.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Your Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- To maintain and stay current as well as comply with State of Wisconsin licensing criteria.
- Refrigeration license strongly preferred
- RETA CARO is required within one year of employment
- RETA CIRO is required within three years of employment
- Industry recognized boiler license is strongly preferred (Required for TL position)
- Powered industrial truck certification
Your Needs. Our Values.
"People-First Culture" - Our people-first culture is founded on a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can't smile without saying "cheese". Our CEO always says, if you're not having fun at work or spending time with your family, then you're doing it wrong.
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring through our "promote from within" philosophy. It is not uncommon for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into leadership roles.
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a difference in the company and in the lives of people in our communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay Packers through our 'Touchdowns for Hunger' program which has resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We support our employees who serve their communities year-round including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We're a national brand, owned by a real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing products.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world's first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.