The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial world platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner consistent with the Oshkosh Way, the Oshkosh mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
2. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
3. Evaluate and improve designs for performance, safety, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
4. Researches and proposes new technology to be used in the development of new and improved products.
5. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build.
6. Analyze and resolve issues reported to engineering via verbal or written communication.
7. Utilize various engineering tools, i.e., 3-D modeling and simulation programs, in assigned projects as applicable.
8. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
9. Provide direction to designer and drafters regarding engineering projects.
10. Prepare layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of materials.
11. Prepare technical proposals, reports, and presentations.
12. Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, Continuous Improvement Requests (CIR), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
- Experience with 3-D CAD systems
- Experience in the heavy mobile vehicle industry
- 3-plus years of experience in mobile hydraulic system design
- Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.