FIRMWARE DEVELOPER - PAR-TECH, INC - LAKE ORION
Do you love writing the code that makes devices do their thing? Are you looking for an opportunity where your contributions can directly impact the team’s and company’s growth? Keep reading and grow with us!
About the company:
Par-Tech is a leading provider of automotive service engineering products and services. Par-Tech offers OEM and aftermarket customers the service tools required to diagnose and repair sophisticated vehicle components in a quick fashion.
Par-Tech was incorporated in 1995 as a provider of automotive service engineering products and services. We have established solid business relationships with many OEM customers and have taken the lead role in the design, development, deployment and support of sophisticated service diagnostic tools for large scale OEMs.
Since 1995, Par-Tech has experienced significant growth. We have attracted a talented team of employees who are customer focused and committed to succeed. Our facilities and resources have also grown and our main facility offers 18,000 square feet of office and garage space.
About the opportunity:
Par-Tech is looking for a key player to join our talented Product Development team as we look to continue providing cutting-edge tools and support to our customers. We are undertaking a significant transformation of our solutions and tools to the latest technology stacks and agile delivery practices. You will play a key role in developing new hardware and software, implementing an agile delivery pipeline for our hardware and firmware products, and rapidly delivering high-quality, testable code that delivers significant value to our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role has:
- A very positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrable experience writing clear, well-documented, testable code in C and C++.
- Experience with embedded operating systems, such as FreeRTOS, Arm Mbed, etc.
- Some electrical engineering experience/schooling to understand basic electrical components and circuit theory.
- Able to work test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and meters.
- Have done some soldering and is good with their hands.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git.
Bonus points if you have:
- Vehicle communication protocol knowledge (ISO15765/J1939/CAN, ISO14230/KW2000, ISO9141, J1850, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-native IoT development and architectures, and managing and scaling applications on a modern cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud).
- Experience with VB6.
- Knowledge of / Experience with embedded Linux.
- Experience with RF modules such as BT, Wifi, GPS and/or Cell.
Job Type: Full-time