Atlantic Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of St Barbara Mining an Australian based ASX listed gold producer and explorer. For more information on St Barbara please visit www.stbarbara.com.au.
Atlantic Gold is operating Touquoy Mine at Moose River, near Middle Musquodoboit, NS (about an hour's drive from Halifax city proper), opened in 2017.
The Reliability Engineer will provide reliability improvements within our Mill Maintenance Department. This involves ensuring that the correct data is recorded into the CMMS, determining root cause analysis, participating in cost effective improvements of production equipment, and monitoring existing PM/PdM programs and other KPI’S to identify and resolve reliability issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring own Health & Safety as well as that of all other workers, identifying and maintaining safe work practices and completing all required safety training.
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for jobs triggered by documented procedures or at the request of unit superintendents.
- Provide direction to planning on the necessary spare parts required for new/modified equipment installations.
- Provide input to planning on BOM changes or creation. Monitor PM / PdM plans to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Leading cross functional group in continuous review of a unit's existing PM/PdM program.
- Develop specific procedures, programs, and methods to ensure unit needs are met and maintained.
- Ensuring frequency and scope of inspections adds value based on failures, findings, and current business environment of the unit.
- Utilize data from work order history and activity reports, production lost opportunities, and results from PM/ PdM inspections to develop reliability reports.
- Perform necessary analysis to identify changes that will provide the most cost effective solution to specific process unit problems.
- Steer the implementation of the identified reliability improvements through operating and maintenance discipline improvements and/or implementation of plant and capital projects.
- Drive the development and resolution of top failure causes identified in reliability reports.
- Seek new technologies as appropriate.
- Ensuring the warranty of equipment is up to date and coordinating the logistics of returning equipment under warranty that is defective.
- Work management processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Behaviour consistent with St Barbara’s Values
- Degree in Engineering preferably in mechanical engineering/mechanical engineering technology
- A minimum of 5-10 years of maintenance experience dealing with reliability and design
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, Auto Cad
- Reliable transportation
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Participation in departmental meetings
- Liaise with vendors and OEM’s to ensure and address reliability issues
- Experience in planning and scheduling and predictive/preventative maintenance concepts
- Mechanical Maintenance Background
- Ability to work in a team environment and cross functional teams
*T_here is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine*._ We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Reliability Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)