Who are we?
VehicleHistory.com provides critical automotive information & history reports at no cost to our users. With millions of visitors every month and a rapidly growing presence within our industry, VehicleHistory.com is positioned to become one of the leading sources for automotive research. We deliver crash test ratings, recall information, and accident records to ensure our customers have everything they need to make a smart car buying decision.
Where are we now as a company?
We are at a critical growth trajectory as part of a re platforming exercise which will see us transition to Vue.js as our Front End framework and adding node.js to complete our stack.
What do we need?
We are looking for a Back End Engineer with direct experience converting legacy PHP code to a Node.js data layer to assist in planning, building, and maintaining challenging backend features while showing competency in basic frontend tasks.
Who are we looking for?
The right blend of ‘constant learner’ with a ‘team first’ mentality. We are a small but mighty development team and we need someone who understands that we are entering into our hockey stick growth pattern.
What have we done lately?
We decreased our load time from 4.9 seconds to just under 1 second(beating out the best in the industry) and added a content strategy to our deck which should increase traffic significantly.
Backend Engineer Developer Responsibilities
- Advanced PHP development using OOP & open source to help with transition to Node.js
- Collaborate in an agile development environment to code features & hotfixes
- Research internet concepts, new technologies and industry trends.
- Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services.
- Develop databases that can process millions of requests per day and have the ability to
- enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Worked with MEAN, or LIMP stacks
- Experience with frameworks such as Symfony
- Proficient with the command line in NUX environments
- Practices TDD/BDD to create automated tests with PHPUnit & Behat
Benefits & Perks:
- The hustle of a fast growing company with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments and gym reimbursement
- Continued education and conferences to stay current with the latest technologies
*** PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT, STACK OVERFLOW ACCOUNT, AND/OR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance