Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you'll fit right in.
We are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team in Carlisle, PA.
The Mechanical Project Engineer is to be involved in the implementation and installation of capital equipment and facilities to include ownership of all phases of a project from initiation and planning through installation, commissioning, and closeout. This position also provides engineering expertise to assist plant-level engineering, maintenance, production, and management personnel in solving technical problems that arise at the plant. Technical assistance will typically include refinement and optimization of manufacturing equipment/facilities. A practical level of understanding of mechanical engineering principles are to be applied to assigned project work.
- Specify, procure, and install equipment and systems to improve employee safety, product quality, and operational efficiency at CCM's manufacturing facilities.
- Utilize project management tools to ensure projects are on-time, within budget, and meet stakeholders' expectation.
- Lead cross-functional teams (with members typically from Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and R&D) to meet project goals and objectives.
- Size, calculate, and design various equipment using engineering principles and CAD software.
- Solicit and review competitive bids, issue purchase requisitions, assist in the coordination of equipment installation and supervision of mechanical contractors during building and equipment installation phase and start up.
- Maintain good project documentation (purchase orders, drawings, reports, etc.).
- Provide training and technical assistance to plant engineering/maintenance personnel and production personnel to ensure all project goals are successfully attained.
- Provide field supervision of contractors and project team members throughout project.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in industrial/manufacturing environment
- Understanding of general construction principles is preferred
- Ability to prioritize work, prepare and maintain schedules, and stay organized
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to various stakeholders
- Understanding of heat transfer and thermodynamic principles is preferred
- Experience supervising contractors or direct employees is preferred
- 30% Travel to Carlisle Construction Materials facilities outside of home base office, in support of project planning, equipment installation, startup, and training.
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off - Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare - We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund - Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We'll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training - We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement - Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams - You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
Unlimited Coffee - Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled