Skilled Design-Build Plumbing/Piping Estimator
- Plumbing Estimator for Construction Market (involving Plans & Specification and some Conceptual Design projects)
- Related Background: Construction & Service Sales for the Plumbing, Piping, HVAC and Fire Suppression markets.
Seeking individual with material takeoff and estimating skills, capable of fostering and maintaining relationships with our well established clientelle. Markets include Healthcare, Univeristy & Schools, Hospitality/Restaurants, Automotive and other segments. Our clients include construction management firms, building owners, facilty managers and all levels of management. Must be capable of accurate material takeoffs, assembling an accurate estimate through Excel spreadsheets or other software (provided), creating a comprehensive proposal and then managing the entire sales cycle.
This position is responsible for securing mid-size to large scale Plumbing/Mechanical projects for the commercial construction market. Candidate must have experience with estimating methods and ability to create a professional proposal and communicate/sell the work. Strong character, honesty and integrity are a must.
This is NOT an entry level position; 10 years minimum experience required.
- Level 1: Be able accurately quantify materials and labor from an engineered plumbing drawing and then assemble a professional proposal.
- Level 2: Familiar with local codes and able to take an architectural drawings or conceptual sketch and determine design requirements with accurate costs for budget and see project through final execution. Our in-house engineering team can assist.
- Budgeting, unit pricing, design calculations, pipe sizing, general code compliance and system layout of Plumbing/Piping should be the acquired skills with 10 years of estimating.
- Concurrently bid/manage multiple projects. Create a detailed estimate with appropriate material, labor & sub selections; setup budgets and schedule of values for billing
- Interface with Project Managers as necessary through final project completion.
- Manage list of key customers to insure proper bid support and attention.
- Familiar with Labor Calculators; proficient in typing, MS Word and Excel.
Beneficial Certifications & Skills:
- Trades School or BSME in HVAC, Commercial Construction/Sales/Business Management, or Professional Engineer. Reasonable math skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical/duct and fire systems are a plus.
- Positive attitude, with strong relationship and customer service skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our procedures direct that a mask be worn when working within 6' of another person, or when 6' cannot be maintained, as in our public areas (lobby/break room). Any employee having symptoms or feeling ill is directed to be responsible and stay home.
- Sales & Relationship Mgmt: 10 years (Preferred)
- Plumbing Estimating & Sales: 10 years (Preferred)
- Basic Plumbing/Pipe Takeoff: 10 years (Required)
- College or Tradeschool (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible