Job Title: Civil Engineer / Project Manager
Job Location: Austin, Texas
LDG Development, LLC, a national leader in affordable multi-family residential development, has an immediate and unique opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join its team. The Civil Engineer / Project Manager will work directly with LDG development team and design architects to identify prospective multi-family development sites and create preliminary layouts for LDG’s projects, primarily in central Texas. Thereafter, the Civil Engineer / Project Manager will work with 3rd-party architects and engineers to produce complete construction documents, secure building permits and support the construction team through completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to think methodically under pressure, solve complex problems and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to work independently, and as part of a team, while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years of experience in the planning, design, permitting and construction contract administration of land development projects, preferably multi-family residential.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and industry standard software technology including AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft Office 360, and various project management applications.
- Knowledge of development constraints including jurisdictional wetlands, floodplain, cultural resources, zoning and land use parameters, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Professional Engineer Licensure in the State of Texas preferred.
- Review and evaluate existing conditions of prospective sites using available 3rd party information related to topography, environmental, ecological, cultural resources, soil composition, traffic, etc. and report specific challenges to the development team.
- Assist in the creation of conceptual site and building layouts for new multi-family development projects based on the unique constraints of the property.
- Consult, collaborate and negotiate with permitting agencies, designers and other professionals on behalf of LDG and nurture the relationship with each.
- Facilitate effective communication among and between the project consultants and the development team.
- Manage the production process of quality, comprehensive civil drawings by the consultant-of-record and ensure appropriate coordination with all other disciplines and LDG development standards.
- Review design/plans, from the owner’s perspective, prior to permit submittal to identify any potential operational concerns or value engineering opportunities.
- Oversee applications to federal, state and local jurisdictions to comply with regulatory requirements including those by HUD, US Army Corps of Engineers, state housing agencies and others needed to secure project funding and the land disturbance permit.
- Travel to job sites and permitting agencies as the owner’s representative, as needed.
- Participate in the final walk-through of each site to provide concurrence with the consultant prepared punch list.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $101,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Planning, design, permitting: 10 years (Required)
- A valid PE license (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible