We are growing! UPN is looking to hire a Field Service Engineer for our Network Operations group in Albuquerque, NM. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company providing tremendous career development and opportunity. You will be responsible for the installation, testing, service activation, and the day-to-day maintenance of UPN’s IP Core and Data networks.
- Oversees the resolution of all network issues within all data center colocation space and UPN-owned sites.
- Ensures that all data center colocation spaces are maintained within site compliance standards (access, security, space management practices, and power).
- Manages all Emergency/Scheduled Maintenance activities for UPN.
- Manages all Trouble Ticket activities for UPN.
- Manages all Network Outage Events for UPN (fibercuts, equipment failure, RCA/RFO)
- Performs Inventory Management for new projects, spares/maintenance, and return/RMA activities.
- Provides onsite support for inventory audit & reconciliation processes.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years in the Telecom engineering, outside plant, or operations field.
- Holding or working towards data certifications preferred.
- Cisco router and switching administration (29xx, 37xx, 72xx, 65xx models, ASR901, ASR903)
- Juniper switch administration
- Knowledge of inside plant cabling/wiring, power plant services.
- Knowledge of cross connect solutions and configurations.
- Knowledge of test equipment for testing RFC2544 standards and OTDR
- Knowledge of IPSEC VPN
- Working knowledge of various monitoring tools (Wireshark, Solarwinds, Cacti, MRTG)
- Experience supporting production/enterprise networks with high availability SLAs
- Demonstrable skills in the following: DNS, HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, DWDM, STP, and L2 switching. CCNA or CCNP preferred, not required.
- Computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, Visio, SecureCRT, Putty, SQL.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel required (up to 30% based on task or project requirements)
- On-Call services after normal business hours required.
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their cover letter and resume.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Cisco Routers: 1 year (Preferred)
- telecom engineering, outside plant or operations: 3 years (Required)
- juniper switch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Albuquerque, NM 87109 (Required)