Elliott Bay Design Group (EBDG) is seeking a
winter intern to join its team of professionals. Position requirements include:
- Currently enrolled to obtain a BS of Engineering degree in the field of Naval Architecture,
Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates should be in their Junior or Senior year or in a Graduate level program
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Rhino (or other modeling program), finite element, or computational
fluid dynamics software a plus
Interns can expect to perform naval architecture, structural and systems engineering, design and
drafting, and/or vessel inspections. Work will primarily be in an office environment (5 days per week
typically) with occasional travel for client and project meetings, inspections and testing. The successful
candidate will have excellent writing and oral communication skills and will be able to work both
independently and with a team.
Proof of eligibility to work in the USA is a requirement. No second party referrals or contact, please.
This is a full time (40-hour week) temporary position at EBDG. You will be working closely with a team
of experienced naval architects, marine engineers, electrical engineers and marine designers.
We believe that investing in our employees is paramount, so we offer the following to our Interns:
- Interns are paid an hourly rate
- Interns are assigned a Sr. Engineer to serve as Mentor during their time at EBDG
- Training programs including EBDG's Lunch & Learn program
- Interns participate in field work such as inspections, surveys, dock and sea trails, as well as
- EBDG's Intern program offers a variety of experiences that whenever possible, align with each
Intern's professional development and area of interest
We work together and we play together. Every year we schedule a number of activities that add to the
enjoyment of EBDG employment. In between the scheduled events, we experience random acts of
celebration and camaraderie.
EBDG's Seattle office is located in the dynamic Ballard neighborhood and comes with plenty of FREE
Elliott Bay Design Group Intern Page 2
Elliott Bay Design Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse
workforce. M/F/D/V. Send resumes in confidence to email@example.com.
ABOUT ELLIOTT BAY DESIGN GROUP
Elliott Bay Design Group is an employee-owned firm providing unparalleled naval architecture, marine
engineering and production support services on behalf of owners, operators, and shipyards across the
Are all naval architects alike? Not if you've got a complex project that needs to be optimized for both
construction and operations. It takes a special group of professionals to understand the issues
involved in both ship building and ship operations, and create a design that harmonizes the two. That's
what EBDG does best. We create accurate, realistic and creative designs that move as smoothly as
possible from idea to design to shipyard to service. And while our engineers and designers are second
to none, we know that's not enough to achieve our client's goals: responsiveness and a team approach
are the added ingredients that make solving the hardest challenges possible.