PositionTitle : Radio Frequency Engineer 1
Location : Springfield, VA
ClearanceRequired : DoD Secret Clearance
Introduction : Lead IT Solutions LLC (www.leaditsolutions.com) is looking for a Radio Frequency (RF)Engineer 1 with Land Mobile Radio (LMR) system design and implementation experiencewho is a motivated team player, ready to take on the task of modernizing andtransitioning the legacy Army LMR systems into Enterprise InformationTechnology as a Service (EITaaS) compliance. This exciting opportunity will be based in Springfield, VA with travelto target sites within the continental US.
The successful candidatein this position will provide engineering and design services with associateddocumentation for the land mobile radio systems and infrastructure, towerequipment, and related systems in support of the US Army EITaaS modernizationeffort. Responsible for performing on-site surveys to determine requirements,develop and deliver technical solutions according to contract and withinestablished timeframes.
· Mustbe US Citizen.
· Security+ Certification
· Minimumof 3 years of experience in the field of two-way radio communication withextensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Land/Mobile Radios (LMR) ontrunked systems
· Strongunderstanding of electronic and RF principles
· Fundamentalunderstanding of basic computer networking (including IP networking) and commonprograms is imperative
· Intermediateknowledge of frequency utilization, battery backup systems, base stations,repeaters, multi-couplers, duplexers, radio template development, flashupgrading and CPS programming
· Workexperience in Land Mobile Radio (LMR) technologies including, APCO P25, EDACS,Digital mobile Radio (DMR), Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and LTE.
· Familiaritywith Motorola TRBO 1-Net Series LMR systems
· Familiarityusing RF Test Equipment such as the Anritsu S412E LMR Master Land Mobile RadioModulation Analyzer
· Familiaritywith LMR design software such as iBwave Design Enterprise.
· Travelto client site locations with team members to perform site surveys.
· Identifytwo-way radio communication (LMR) requirements, analyze technical solutions,conduct physical surveys, implement and validate end solutions
· Plan,design and build support systems, cables and components for uniquecommunication demands
· Program,maintain, perform system diagnostics, troubleshoot and repair complex LMRsystem assets
· Prepare,run, and terminate coax, network and fiber optic cables
· Test,tune and align duplexers, repeaters, portable radios and mobile radios
· Setup, configure and use complex instrumentation to perform communication tests andmaintenance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year