Relocation Assistance Available
Phillips & Jordan (P&J) is a privately held, woman-owned, heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our daily business practices. P&J is committed to a “People First Philosophy” that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response.
P&J is a national contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, P&J maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At P&J, our greatest resource is our employees, and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with P&J.
P&J is a proven innovator, a proven leader, and a proven solution in the industry, and we have built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging, difficult projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule. P&J employs a top notch workforce, and we are always in need of new employees who are dependable professionals with experience in the construction industry. We are seeking safety conscious individuals who have a positive, can-do attitude, work well with others, and want to advance their careers.
Join the P&J team today and become a valued member of our company.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and managing onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects.
- Track project quantities.
- Generate project billing.
- Initiate and negotiate change orders.
- Generate CAD drawings and present solutions to owners for design problems that arise in the field.
- Review plan changes.
- Assist with work plans.
- Assist with project schedules.
- Manage submittal data.
- Manage material purchase orders.
- Manage and negotiate subcontracts.
- Assist in division field personnel management.
- Assist field personnel in any capacity to handle any problems that may arise.
- Work with Project Superintendents, Foreman, and Crews to perform work more effectively.
- Attend pre-construction meetings.
Project Engineers may supervise up to five employees and supervise field crews and subcontractors in the absence of the supervisor/foreman.
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is valuable.
- Must be willing to relocate and travel as required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to multitask and work independently under pressure and tight deadlines.
Indeed Hire and Phillips & Jordan, Inc.are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- CAD Software (drawings & design): 3 years (Required)
- heavy civil earthwork: 3 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Paducah, KY: More than 40 miles (Preferred)