XALT Energy is a leading developer and manufacturer of prismatic, large-format lithium ion battery cells and associated modules & packs.
Utilizing its state-of-the-art production operations, proven technology and talented human capital, XALT Energy delivers practical, cost effective and well-engineered energy storage and usage solutions to its global customers in marine, commercial transportation, stationary power storage and defense industries.
Based in Midland, Michigan, XALT Energy continues to expand its knowledge and expertise to explore and evaluate next generation lithium ion battery technology and engineered solutions for current and future applications.
If you value creativity, entrepreneurship and operational excellence, we encourage you to consider XALT Energy as your career path.
Position Title: Application Engineer
Reports To: Senior Director, Sales
Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Pontiac, MI
An Application Engineer’s responsibilities consist of providing technical support for XALT Energy products or services to targeted customers (existing and potential). The Application Engineer will be the primary point of contact for technical topics including: definition of system sizing using XALT Energy products based on customers’ requirements, collaboration with respective XALT commercial contact to develop and submit a proposal and provide technical guidance to ensure a successful award and product launch through close collaboration with XALT Engineering community. This role is the primary technical interface between customers and the XALT organization.
- Demonstrates a very good understanding of the Li-ion market for Electric Vehicles, Buses, Commercial Trucks, Marine, and Grid.
- Understands and is sensitive to the competitive landscape, knows XALT’s competitors’ strength and weaknesses, and can articulate and sell XALT Energy’s value proposition.
- Customer focused –able to balance the voice of the customer with the voice of the business.
- Assures major customer programs are delivered on time to committed delivery dates.
- Provide support to Product Marketing to develop, update and maintain technical marketing material for brochures and other marketing materials.
- Facilitates customer implementation of product change notifications (PCNs)
- Capable of converting customer requirements and challenges into XALT Energy solutions.
- Capable of sizing battery systems for given voltage, amperage, energy, temperature and other major specifications.
- Working knowledge of different battery chemistries and value propositions associated with each.
- Able to competently and confidently represent XALT at technical conferences, shows and technical seminars.
- Interface with customer to capture application technical requirements and communicate technical requirements of XALT products
- Create customer compliance matrix
- Support Customer Service to track and initiate software deliverables and schedule commissioning events
- Primary point of contact for customer for project status
- Support internal project team meetings providing significant and in-depth participation
- B.S. degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
- Additional Business degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Business to Business sales in Technical Area
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant responsibility
- Li-ion battery experience a large plus
- Willing to travel up to 30% of time
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic
- Demonstrates being a good team player
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
XALT Energy offers competitive salary and benefits to include:
- Choice of three health plans, vision, dental and life insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and paid time off.
- The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a physical.
EOE including Disabled and Vets / VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)