Radical Convergence is a fast-paced startup looking to disrupt, transform, and innovate on behalf of our clients. We are inventors, technologists, artisans, problem solvers, and collaborators redefining the content management experience for creators and clients. We are adding a few talented revolutionaries to our amazing team – people who want to make a difference solving big problems and contributing to meaningful work. You can create your own story and begin making your indelible impact today.
We are seeking a Customer Support Engineer to work collaboratively across the enterprise to enable success for our customers. The ideal candidate has a strong communication and technical skills allowing them to interact with various stakeholders across the product development cycle. This position will support Radical Convergence Account Managers, perform system maintenance in customer environments, provide training and technical assistance to customers, and help to architect configurations and solutions to set our customers up for success. The Customer Support Engineer will assist in the management and maintenance of business development resources to enable demonstrations and highlight our product platform. The AWS Cloud Engineer will interact with our Product Development team and provide feedback on potential enhancements from the user experience to increasing the efficiencies of operations and maintenance.
This position is located in our Herndon, Virginia headquarters. The position will require occasional travel to customer locations in the greater Washington DC metropolitan area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Customer Support. Provide technical support to our customers and work with Account Management and Product Development to solve customer questions and issues.
- Deployments. Deploy and configure new customer installations and upgrade existing deployments.
- Security and Access Control. Manage and monitor security across all deployments and access methods.
- Automation. Coordinate with stakeholders and help to develop policy and procedures to simplify O&M and streamline the deployment process.
- Innovation. Identify new technologies and best practices to automate deployments and facilitate management as the number of customers grows.
- Documentation. Document customer configurations, deployment and maintenance procedures, and new features or issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- College degree in a related field and 4 years of experience or a high school degree and 6 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3 years working with Linux, primarily EL 7 distributions
- Demonstrated experience with shell scripting Bash 4 and above
- Experience writing and maintaining system documentation and customer configurations
- Experience with managing networks to include routing, firewall rules, network address management
- Experience with version control systems such as Git is preferred
- Experience with Python or NodeJS is preferred.
Benefits and Perks
Radical Convergence is as obsessed about our employees as our customers. We want to provide great benefits and perks so you can focus on making an impact. We recognize that industry is moving away from better benefits so we have decided to do our part to start reversing the trend. Join us in our quest to disrupt, transform and innovate.
- Competitive Pay
- 100% Company paid medical/dental/vision/life/disability premiums
- Health Reimbursable Account (HRA)
- Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA)
- Training Budget
- 401(k) Matching
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Herndon, VA 20171: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years have you been administrating Linux systems?
- How many years have you been working with EL7 based distributions (RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, etc)?
- Please state which networking vendors/technologies you are most familiar.
- Please state any automation technologies you have integrated.
- Please state which Virtualization / Cloud technologies you are most familiar.
- How many years have you been working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
- Please list any AWS or cloud certifications.
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
Work Location: One location