- Use asset utilization and cost data to drive process performance improvement. Drive improvement through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Monitors plant performance daily.
- Provide operational guidance and instruction for the operations teams.
- Provides equipment reliability and performance data for evaluation of equipment performance.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Develop and implement operating discipline that will improve reliability.
- Facilitates and leads EH&S performance well in everything they do.
- Take on call duty rotation for weekends and holidays.
- Other duties that may be requested by Dexco management.
Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 10 years of experience is preferred
- Manufacturing process environment experience
- Strong knowledge of process equipment and their functions.
- Knowledge of the different engineering discipline roles
- Broad technical experience
- Experience with problem solving / troubleshooting and data analysis.
- Experienced in troubleshooting process and control issues in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- The position requires strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to sit in front of a computer.
- This position requires an employee to be in an office environment as well as exposed to some outside elements; process and warehouse environment.
- This position requires working remotely and being on call.
- Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the location.
- General office noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when outside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skill set in organization and prioritizing projects and work load.
- Must be a self-starter, who is highly motivated, able to take the initiative on projects, and able to work without supervision.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures, as well as develop and implement them.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- chemical engineering: 5 years (Required)
- chemical manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19