SOLAR BUSINESS DEVELOPER
Scenic Hill Solar, LLC, headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas provides turnkey delivery of innovative solar PV projects to businesses, utilities, non-profit, and public-sector organizations.
Scenic Hill Solar is growing rapidly and looking for great Business Developers to join its team. Developers must be client-oriented self-starters who relentlessly pursue solutions while maintaining agility and flexibility.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the development of a portfolio of specific United States solar projects. This position includes life-cycle management of all phases of solar project development, including the lead generation, project evaluation, value proposition, contract closing, and realization of projects. This position reports to Senior Management.
· Director will be responsible for the planning and execution of business development opportunities from identification of opportunity through project implementation and on-going client relationship management;
· Overall responsibility for identifying and securing solar power customers and transactions, and managing the pipeline of prospective clients;
· Works with Senior Management to identify and develop business opportunities to acquire or develop new power facilities in attractive U.S. markets;
· Maintains contemporaneous knowledge of regional and national solar economic, legislative, structural finance, and regulatory trends
· Participates in or leads due diligence of projects, as appropriate;
· Prepares regular progress reports and presentations to Senior Management as requested;
· Develops and maintain relationships with U.S industry including suppliers, contractors, regulators, legislators, and financiers as appropriate;
· Obtains competitive intelligence on market opportunities for new projects;
· Prepares project budgets and assists Senior Management in budget reviews.
· 3+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in the development of solar PV power projects in the United States, business development, project development, marketing, or comparable experience
· Experience in managing the solar energy development process
· Intimate knowledge of the renewable energy power market and its dynamics; the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends, including building and maintaining strong relationships with off-takers and industry leaders
· Proven track record closing renewable energy or related deals
· Must possess an eye for broad strategy and general management and entrepreneurial expertise acquired through leadership positions in the solar and renewable energy or advanced energy performance industry
· Strong prioritization, communication and organizational skills; and the ability to quickly work into new tasks and acclimate with changing circumstances
· Must have an entrepreneurial attitude and a diplomatic demeanor
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and solve problems
· Ability to work a variety of hours including nights and weekends
· Financial aptitude
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study including Engineering, Physics, Natural Sciences, Marketing, Finance, Economics or other demonstration of mathematical aptitudes
Job Type: Full-time
- Little Rock, AR 72223 (Required)