Clear Align is looking for a full time Optical Coating Engineer with experience in thin film coatings to join our rapidly-growing team. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position with Clear Align may be the perfect fit.
The successful candidate will work with engineering, thin film technicians and the thin film department manager to develop, design, test, manufacture and optimize optical thin film designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop and optimize optical thin film deposition processes to meet customer requirements.
- Identify evaporation or sputtering conditions, calibrate thickness controllers, develop / identify appropriate optical monitoring strategies.
- Develop new optical coatings.
- Implement process control methodologies, technique and track process performance.
- Drive the introduction of new coating designs into production from process development to full production and profitability.
- Provide technical support to optical coating technicians.
- Manage the development and maintenance of manufacturing documentation.
- Interface with customers and program management
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- Extensive experience in Thin Film coating design using PVD, IAD, E-Beam, PECVD and
Sputtering optical chamber systems.
- Proficiency in optical thin film deposition, optical monitoring, high vacuum technology, optical measurements, process controls and management.
- Extensive experience in Thin Film coating design using Film Star, TF Calc.
- Familiarity with most optical coating materials and their domain of application.
- Familiar with optical testing such as spectrophotometry, stress measurements, environmental testing and laser damage.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting coating equipment
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize and document work
- Efficient, and highly organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as the ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in engineering or science discipline; PhD or M.S. preferred
- 5+ years of optical thin film coating experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, ERP system
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and engineering specs
- U.S. Person Required
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Active clearance is a plus.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer
24 Simon Street
Nashua, NH 03060
Job Type: Full-time
- optical thin film: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift