Olympus Controls (www.olympus-controls.com) is a fast-paced Automation Company that has an opportunity for a professional Sales Engineer to join our growing company. We offer a dynamic environment with competitive salary and health benefits for the right type of highly motivated individuals
This is a technical sales engineer position. You will handle a geographic territory to work on projects and provide the sales contact for our clients and lead a team to provide Olympus Controls offerings. You will be required to establish and build relationships with customers in order to grow the sales of Olympus Controls and work with Olympus Controls’ suppliers and coworkers to sell our products into customer applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage customer relationships
- Onsite and in-office customer application consulting combined with proactive and reactive selling to new and existing customers
- Perform all steps of the sales cycle from Investigation of new clients to Tie it up and post support.
- The Outside sales engineer must interface with key suppliers and act as an advocate for the customer in the applications process, the quoting process, the post-sales support process, and the returns and repair process when necessary.
- Utilize the CRM for information collecting and quoting functions
- Manage the pre-sale and post-sale technical support needs of the customer. Basic technical support and utilize and manager your applications engineering resource for higher level support needs.
- The outside sales engineer must develop and execute strategies for key target and existing accounts. This means developing the skills for lead follow-up, performing on site product marketing and training, and getting suppliers involved when necessary. Joint calls with Olympus suppliers is a key part of the job.
- Expected 6-10 customer visits per week for development of opportunities or investigation for new projects.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Assist with trade shows, work the booth as requested by OLY management
- Assist with customer training and OLY or supplier sponsored seminars
- Assist with supplier management activities when required: primarily by attending supplier events and performing joint sales calls
- Provide referrals to integrator and build those relationships
- Respond to customer complaints and quality issues
- Respond to customer and coworker action items within 24 hours.
- Cover the duties for Inside Sales, Applications Engineers, and Outside Salespeople as needed (vacation schedules, sick days, emergencies, etc)
- Keep track of your loaned-out demos
- 50 hours/week is the standard for a successful sales engineer, a flexible work schedule is the norm and should be discussed with OLY management as needed
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred. The outside sales engineer is given a specific geographical territory. In that territory he/she will travel to customer sites to evaluate application details and work with suppliers to provide solutions.
- There will be out of region travel required for training. Up to 10 weeks in the first year depending on existing knowledge. And up to 1 week a year there after.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to modify this document at any time, without prior notice, and in verbal form.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future*
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)