Date: August 19, 2019
RE: Project Engineer
Project Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
Project Engineer Job Duties:
- At the direction of management, develop project objectives by surveying project requirements and interfacing with management.
- Determine project specifications by integrating project design with customer requirements and performance standards. Prepare associated cost estimates and document as required.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintaining project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controlling project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controlling project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Preparing project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Working in Field extensively surveying, estimating, specifying and in some cases supporting the installation of integrated Corrosion Prevention Systems and integrated Membrane Building Systems.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Project Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
The Ideal Candidate
The Project Engineer should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities. Commercial awareness.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness -ability to Motivate.
- Lead: Positively influence and manage others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Simple accounting, Numeracy & Analytical skills, data base management, spreadsheets, Proficiency in Microsoft programs, Resource Management
Experience: 2 to 3 years planning and/or management experience
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused