The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
Lockheed Martin Space has a great opportunity for a Staff Quality Engineer/ Non-Destructive Test Inspector supporting the Metrology Group located in Littleton, CO. In this role you will prepare, revise, review and approve Non-destructive technique sheets including evaluation of supplier techniques and procedures. You will work independently, but also with remote teams of NDT personnel.
You will engage in a wide variety of responsibilities:
o Prepare and review NDE qualification and certification procedures.
o Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering, programs, field personnel, and suppliers.
o Audit internal and external NDT inspection facilities.
o Participate in development of NDT training course material for.
o Test and certify NDT level 1, 2, and 3 inspectors in accordance with NAS 410 and LM Space requirements.
o Reading/interpreting technical procedures and work instructions, as well as hands on evaluations for acceptance/rejection of products and engineering support for all Space Systems programs and sites.
o This role will support program required inspections on off-shifts and with short notice to ensure program hardware is available to support program needs and schedules.
o Business travel is expected to other LM locations, LM suppliers, and customer sites (e.g., NASA and DOD locations) to support program and customer requirements.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Certifications per NAS-410 for Film Radiography (RT). Previous Level 2 or 3 certification in Film Radiography, Computed Radiography, and/or Digital Radiography.
- Be capable of assuming technical responsibility for the NDT facility and staff.
- Have the skills and knowledge to interpret aerospace codes, procedures, and other contractual documents that control the NDT method(s) utilized by the employer.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to Trainees, Limited Class, Level 1 Limited, Level 1 and Level 2 personnel in the method in which they are certified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization.
- Must be willing to travel domestically to conduct NDT business.
- Intimate knowledge of NDT equipment and technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage across multi-functional domains.
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering, math, physics, chemistry, etc.) preferred
- Previous NAS-410 Level 3 certification in at least 3 NDT methods (CR, DR, PT, MT, UT, IRT, MT, or ET).
- Experience with AWS, ASME, MIL-STDs and ASTM standards. The ability to collaborate and work well with fellow team members.
- Digital Radiography (DR), Computed Radiography (CR) and Computed Tomography (CT) experience.
- Be capable of auditing outside agencies and internal LM sites.
- Failure analysis of aerospace hardware.
- Individual would be Radiography certified and already possess a valid NRC Agreement State or IRRSP radiation safety certification/card.
- Manufacturing/Electronic Component NDT experience.
- Experience working with external and internal customers, to include Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Experience with SAP, EPDM, and VE_CAMS operating systems.
- Volume Graphics experience
- Knowledge of NASA Standard 5009
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.