Seeking a highly skilled transportation/traffic planner/engineerto provide traffic and transportation planning expertise to support our growingplanning practice and to build and develop a new key business line of ourcompany. Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a givendiscipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, andtime schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountablefor handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to disciplinefield. Coordinates efforts of project team to ensure completeness and accuracyof planning/design. Serves as technical liaison with client and agency onproject efforts.
This position islocated primarily in the corporate office, but includes day travel to proposedand actual construction sites, to client’s offices, government agency meetings,and other assignments outside of the office, as necessary.
- Experienceleading NYC CEQR, NYS SEQR, NEPA Environmental Assessments – with specificcapability in transportation and traffic analysis, including travel demandanalysis, network assignment, and level of service analysis for vehicular,transit and pedestrian movements.
- Experienceleading parking demand, accumulation and field utilization studies
- Performengineering analysis and prepare engineering reports in support of trafficoperations, safety, signal re-timing, adaptive signal control, corridorplanning, feasibility studies, traffic forecasts, and traffic impact analyses.
- Participatein traffic data collection studies and conduct project-related field work
- Thisposition is expected to be able to effectively delegate assignments, train andsupervise staff, manage project deliverables and ensure a high level of qualitycontrol in document, plan preparation and execution.
- Manage multiple complex planning anddevelopment projects while concurrently adhering to established budgets andtimeframes. Define project scope, budget and schedule, setperformance objectives, delegate assignments, monitor progress, review the workon a daily basis, anticipate and resolve issues and conflicts, identifyopportunities, report findings and recommendations and document all progressand processes.
- Providetechnical support, information, and guidance to property owners, developers,attorneys and other professionals to discuss and resolve planning anddevelopment issues.
- Conducthighly technical research and analysis, evaluate findings, identify potentialthreats, determine various options, and develop recommendations on operationalbusiness plans.
- Present statistical and technicaldata and compile reports of the progress of programs and projects.
- Interpret and communicate planningprograms to interested groups and to the general public.
- Developurban design and policy recommendations; evaluating applicable codes, polices,law; prepare and make oral presentations to decision makers and clients; andfacilitate public outreach/community meetings.
- Prepare specific site plans, masterplans, design guidelines, zoning ordinances, strategic plans, feasibilitystudies, sustainability projections and other documents for public and privatesector clients.
- Formulate land use plans,development policies, and special planning studies, develop policy, planalternatives, evaluate alternatives, coordinate with related agencies,departments and stakeholders; and implement policies, plans and programs,including development controls.
- Plan,schedule, oversee, and evaluate the work of a number of subordinates. Further develop staff members by providingconstructive feedback to ensure continuous professional growth.
- Identifyand pursue new planning/policy business opportunities, identify resources, andprovide direction on project management.
- Familiaritywith environmental and zoning statutes:
§ City (CEQR).
§ State (SEQR).
§ Federal (NEPA)environmental review.
§ NYC Zoning Resolutionand land use approval processes.
- Performoperational, safety and other design calculations.
- Checkreports, calculations and drawings.
- Trafficengineering software experience (Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM)
- HighwaySafety Manual application experience
- Experiencein applying HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO, FDOT PPM, FDOT MUTS
- Experienceon DOT traffic operations and safety work
- Designsoftware experience is preferred (AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Strongwriting skills, including experience in writing technical reports
- Proficiencyin MS Office products - Word, Excel and Power Point
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative