Overview / Responsibilities
Our firm is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer who will fuel growth of our civil engineering department while contributing to technical development of civil engineering designs, drainage plans, erosion and sediment control designs, stormwater models, and permit applications for a wide variety of projects for commercial, municipal, and federal clients.
- Lead civil engineering design activities within multidiscipline design teams.
- Conduct reviews of civil related design and construction deliverables including construction documents, technical specifications, and cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and technical reports.
- Prepare project permitting documents for local, state and federal site-related permits and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities.
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a high-quality, safe, professional and ethical manner.
- Coach and mentor Junior Civil Engineers and Civil Designers.
- Some travel/field work may be required (typically local).
- Experience preparing construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with Hydraflow and similar hydrologic/hydraulic software.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- Professional Civil Engineer registration in the United States
- 10 years’ civil consulting experience preferred.
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in an agile work environment with personnel delivering from multiple locations or remotely.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client (internal and external) service focus.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with abilities to multi-task and complete various assignments at once.
NEI is a multi-disciplinary, multi-million-dollar women owned small business with professional and technical personnel in the divisions of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering and Consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Management. NEI has a long history working with private and municipal clients within the desert southwest and has grown to service federal clients throughout the United States.
Our firm provides an excellent salary and benefits package. Applications, resumes, and references may be received in person at our main office and accepted via e-mail, attention: Eric Gardner.
For further information about our company please visit www.neiaw.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations