AK Steel has an opportunity for a Process Engineer at our Dearborn Works facility. This role is responsible for providing expertise in engineering, designs, and problem solving techniques. This role will be expected to keep abreast of industry advances in order to assist in the implementation of more cost effective, quality and efficiency improvements.
- Provides engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Researches alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements and consults with colleagues, staff or operating personnel to ensure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions.
- Analyzes component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluates and recommends potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes.
- Develops, analyzes, prepares and executes technical projects. Compiles data relating to project assignments and presents summary conclusions to supervision.
- Develops effective working relationships with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance, Quality, Research and Technical Service to communicate the processing applications as they relate to cost, quality, production and safety standards.
- Attends various conferences, seminars and information gathering visits to other industrial sites to keep abreast of developments within assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required
- Minimum five years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Continuous improvement and problem solving skill set required
- Must be able to manage several projects at a time
- Strong communication and extensive computer skills required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.