Easter-Owens produces custom electrical enclosures, panels and distribution equipment for various industrial customers. The CNC Programmer develops the operator run sheets, flat pattern and software files to process sheet metal for the custom enclosures. The person also generates sheet metal part drawings and other engineering prints necessary for manufacturing these products. This role also develops designs for NEMA Type 1, 3, 3R, 4, 4X and 12 enclosures based on both standard custom product designs.
The CNC Programmer plans for sheet metal utilization, nesting flat parts in stock sheet metal and develops the run files for operating the TRUMPF laser and turret punch machines. The person orders sheet metal, including Stainless, Cold Rolled, Hot Rolled, Galvanneal and Aluminum.
- Use work orders, drawings, sketches, fabrication standards, etc. to determine proper methods and processes of design and programming.
- Extract part files from 3D CAD models and create flat patterns.
- Produce flat pattern layout and program CNC files for those layouts.
- Knowledge of operation of shop machinery including: Shear, CNC (Punch Press & Laser), Press Brake, Notcher, Welder MIG and TIG welders, etc.
- Knowledge of CNC Laser and Turret Punch equipment, operation, tooling maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, bend deduction calculations and press brake operations.
- Adhere to policies and procedures and emphasize continuous improvement processes.
- Review work orders for correctness and accuracy as it pertains to designs and verification of required materials for those designs.
- Maintain tooling inventory for current and future production for continued efficiency.
- Create nested, flat part files for machine operation.
- Perform quality checks on engineering prints and release prints to Production.
- Communicate with customers to verify design details and provide Submittals for approval when needed.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years CNC programming with emphasis in sheet metal fabrication.
- Ability to generate flat pattern layouts is required.
- Ability to do CNC programming is required. NC Express and Trutops are the programming softwares.
- Ability to work with shop machinery (as described in primary functions) is required.
- Ability to operate CNC punch press and laser is preferred. TRUMPF experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Cutting, Forming, Welding, Grinding, and other sheet metal production knowledge.
- Ability to read tape measure, calipers, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of different machinery and tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Required)
- Arvada, CO 80004 (Preferred)