The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer applies advanced engineering principles with minimal supervision through the collection and analysis of data obtained from the field or from Project information and initiates a wide degree of creativity and latitude to develop innovative solutions and designs for the benefit of our clients. Familiarity with one or more of the following industrial service areas is preferred: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that occasional travel to client’s facilities, both locally and out of state, may be expected for client meetings and to obtain data from field observations and measurements.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer in one or multiple states.
· Twelve (12) to Twenty-five (25) years of direct experience as a civil/structural engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes as they relate to civil/structural design.
- Relies on vast experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May act as a lead engineer, leading and directing the work of other engineers and designers on designated projects and being a technical resource for the project team and department. Checks work of other civil/structural personnel assigned to the project.
- Experienced in preparing and reviewing designs to assure compliance with engineering design, applicable codes, constructability, industry standards, completeness and presentation.
- Independent, advanced design of steel structures, foundations, masonry and concrete.
· Advanced design of complicated load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, platforms or pipe racks. Perform or direct others in the analysis of building materials proposed for use in construction.
· Develop blueprint or specification packages, including scopes of work, for bid and/or construction submittals.
· Investigate and determine cause of structural failures, damages, and defects through site investigations and research and provide reports summarizing findings.
· Ability to develop and use design assumptions verified by structural theory and past experiences to simplify design efforts and assist in developing innovative solutions to project and technical challenges.
· Coordinate and review structural steel shop drawings, concrete submittals and other equipment or material submittals to verify compatibility to project design parameters.
· Review and respond to contractor Requests for Information (RFI) on assigned projects.
· Optional experience: basic surveying for determination of project elevations using level and/or total station equipment; limited stormwater/sewer design for small-scale in-plant systems or extension of existing systems.
· May act as Project Manager on select civil/structural projects, based on experience.
· Assist in updating department standards or managing department software, as assigned.
- Capable of recognizing and correcting design discrepancies with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to obtain data from field observations
- Interface with the client and other engineering disciplines as required in order to effectively and efficiently develop Civil/Structural designs and documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, STAAD, AutoCAD, and other engineering software. Familiarity with Revit, Civil 3D and other drafting software is helpful but not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Chemstress Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Civil Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)