Plascore is an established global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures, and cleanrooms. Plascore's light weight, industrial strength, honeycomb technology is utilized for a multitude of applications within the aerospace, automotive, and marine industries. Plascore is an employee driven organization, fueled by professional teams with dedicated years of service to manufacturing
Plascore has an opening for a Controls Engineer who can develop, implement, and drive manufacturing standards. The Controls Engineer should possess an in depth understanding of all equipment within the business unit and have a passion for trouble shooting, creating and updating programs, drawings and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining all control records for all equipment in the building.
- Create new or change existing PLC programs for new control upgrades and improvements.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical problems including PLCs, variable frequency drives, programmable controls, servo controls, etc.
- Assist in installing wiring for new equipment as required.
- Designs new control panels for changes or improvements made to equipment as required.
- Schedule changes on equipment based on production needs.
- Create new or update any electrical, hydraulic of pneumatic changes made to equipment on the control drawings.
- Make out purchase requisitions for repair parts and replacement stock items.
- Responsible for training maintenance controls programmer.
- Be able to recognize process problems and help find solutions for them.
- Participate in improving our product, processes equipment and methods.
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field and proven experience and proficiency with the following skills:
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Must be able to work well independently and be self-directed
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card')
Interested candidates with varying technical qualifications and experience will be considered.
Plascore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.plascore.com. We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
Location: 615 N. Fairview PO Box 170, Zeeland, MI 49464
Job Type: Full-time