Plascore is an established global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures, and cleanrooms. We are an employee driven organization, fueled by professional teams with dedicated years of service to manufacturing.
Come be a part of our controls engineering team! The controls team will work closely with manufacturing, process, and machine design engineers to make necessary changes and develop state of the art machinery to supply products into markets such as pharmaceutical and semiconductor cleanrooms, aerospace, automotive and marine industries. Our products fulfill a wide variety of industries which makes our equipment very diverse. This means you will be both challenged and rewarded with your days’ work.
Advantages of Working at Plascore: *
- Excellent work-life balance
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) with Flex Spending or Health Savings Accounts
- Generous vacation policy - yearly increases up to a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Earn a paid sabbatical after ten years of service and have 10 weeks of paid vacation for that year
- Competitive base salary
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing / Quarterly Bonus
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clean work environment
- Security of work for an established, growing company that serves a diverse customer base
Key Responsibilities: *
- Assist in maintaining all control records for all equipment in the building.
- Create new or change existing PLC programs for new control upgrades and improvements.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical problems including PLCs, variable frequency drives, programmable controls, servo controls, etc.
- Assist in installing wiring for new equipment as required.
- Designs new control panels for changes or improvements made to equipment as required.
- Schedule changes on equipment based on production needs.
- Create new or update any electrical, hydraulic of pneumatic changes made to equipment on the control drawings.
- Make out purchase requisitions for repair parts and replacement stock items.
- Responsible for training maintenance controls programmer.
- Be able to recognize process problems and help find solutions for them.
- Participate in improving our product, processes equipment and methods.
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field and proven experience and proficiency with the following skills:
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Must be able to work well independently and be self-directed
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card')
Interested candidates with varying technical qualifications and experience will be considered.
Plascore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.plascore.com.
We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
Location: 615 N. Fairview PO Box 170, Zeeland, MI 49464
Job Type: Full-time