Candidate will interact with all divisions of Bath Iron Works in the development and implementation of facility type projects as well as daily field engineering assignments. Responsibilities will include permitting activities, building, fire protection and life safety code reviews as well as design activities to support their installation. These assignments will also need to be completed within budget constraints and scheduled objectives in order to keep work flowing smoothly throughout the facility. This candidate must also abide by and enforce labor contracts as they pertain to scopes of work within his/her area of responsibility. Projects as well as day to day operations support will have this person working closely with all areas of the Facilities Division to ensure daily and long term projects are carried out successfully.
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Civil, OR Marine Engineering required
- Professional Engineering Certificate a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and implement major facility initiatives.
- 5-Years experience in a project management capacity including permitting activities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- 5-Years facilities experience a plus with waterfront and marine engineering preferred.
- PC skills mandatory. Proficiencies in Microsoft Office Products a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict.