Well established, AS9100SD / ISO9001:2015 Registered, make-to-print precision manufacturing company, focused on meeting the needs of customers in the aerospace, defense, weapons and commercial markets, is seeking a full-time Manufacturing Estimator/Programmer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing customer provided technical information and preparing estimates that are used to quote the company's services and generate subsequent CNC programs upon order.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyzes blueprints, 3D models, technical data - including specifications, proposals, and other data to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes to aid management in bidding on or determining price of the Company's services
- Consult with subcontractors, management and other relevant parties to determine manufacturing processes to ensure accuracy of quotes
- Break down the manufacturing process by operations and inspections including any parts, tools and equipment needed.
- Consult with customers, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Manage RFQ queue and ensure quotes are returned according to client needs.
- Maintain records of estimates projects, analyzing change orders and determining cost differences
- Create programs for a wide variety of CNC equipment with similar controls utilizing sophisticated CAD/CAM programming software leveraging work performed during estimating process
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant field, or five years of experience in manufacturing estimating or CNC programming using a sophisticated estimating or programming platform - aerospace/aviation industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with processes, materials and specifications used by manufacturers - particularly as it relates to subtractive machining such as; GD&T, Material Properties, NDT, heat-treat processes, and plating/coating processes common to aerospace, defense & commercial manufacturing
- Strong computer skills and in-depth understanding of ERP, CAD/CAM, and MS Office Applications
- Ability to communicate and deliver information accurately
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to analyze, summarize and compile data
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
- Group Health and Group Dental Plans
- SIMPLE-IRA Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Less than 50% travel
Organization is ITAR registered, therefore position must be filled by a U.S. Citizen
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off