POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical engineering and project management for various manufacturing and building projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather information and develop drawings to reflect ideas and concerns of management, plant management, production supervisors and Engineering to provide quality production and plant layouts.
- Assist management with plant expansion efforts by providing drawings and price estimates for the project.
- Coordinate with the contractor during the building phase and develop drawings for equipment placement.
- Develop drawings showing production layout changes or provide production area layouts for new production lines for new products.
- Coordinate and provide engineering assistance for building modifications, remodeling, roofing or structural alternatives.
- General drawings and support for environmental permit applications including dust collection, painting processes and dipping processes.
- Offer ideas or suggestions for improvement of product or process.
- Research and recommend new equipment and processes that would improve production and/or quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Oversee project phases to assure timely completion and coordinate other contractors.
- Report office equipment problems or possible improvements.
- Observe areas that could benefit from improvements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary to fulfill responsibilities of position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires good communication skills.
- Must have AutoCAD experience or training, industrial or plant engineering training or experience.
- Creativity, reliability, organization and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Training or experience in Lean Manufacturing or similar manufacturing background.
- Timely and accurately perform work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Level of persistence, innovation, knowledge and understanding of responsibilities.
- Development of a positive working relationship with supervisor, co-workers, other employees and outside contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location