- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 3+ years of experience as a developer, SDET or strong Automation Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in development in Python, Java, C++
- Proficient in Python or Java development
- Experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
- Experience with QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Good Analytical skills.
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? Amazon Fire TV team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software development Engineers in Test(SDET) who are capable of designing and building automation frameworks that will help peer quality assurance engineers. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define automation strategy, automation cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, reusability, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new tools, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and stability tools.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age