A Software Developer (SD) will work in a team environment by providing expert-level support and perform any combination of technical and functional analysis, design, research, programming, testing, deployment, maintenance, periodic enhancement, general computing applications, network operations and development. Coordinate and document operational specifications and formulate software requirements. Also, perform various other duties and participate with special projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, testing, and validating software systems.
- Responsible for installing, conducting, supervising, and reporting all the necessary tests for different products as defined by the test requirements.
- Will become familiar with laboratory systems at Isotech/Stratum and remote locations. Will be responsible for supporting and maintaining critical systems.
- Monitoring, reporting, and automated systems will be developed and maintained.
- Assists in both developing and testing client defined digital reports known as electronic data deliverables (EDDs).
- Assists in the testing and development of software and hardware products developed by Isotech/Stratum for use in remote facilities.
- Administrates and troubleshoots systems on a variety of platforms including MS Windows Server and Debian Linux.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in programming and testing software on a variety of platforms
- Must be capable of producing content for technical documents such as requirements documents
- Excellent organizational, follow up, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to use mathematical and software engineering skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and managemen
- Works well in a team environment
- Familiar with batch/shell scripting, database programming, network programming, TCP/IP, Win32 applications, web frameworks
- Familiar with Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy, and Cavity Ringdown spectroscopy
- Familiar with MS Windows Server and Linux (Debian distributions in particular)
- Able to design and test electronic circuits
- Able to design and build test fixtures
- Possess a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)