Located in Northern California, Joby Aviation has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
About the Job
Working as an Additive Parameters Engineer primarily located in our Marina office, you will also work with the team at our headquarters in Santa Cruz. You will work closely with the core additive design team, as well as machine researchers and powder developers.
You will be responsible for the development of manufacturing parameters and material allowables. As part of the development process, you will produce parts in conjunction with our Additive Metals Operators as well as work with our Materials and Process teams to conduct metallurgical analysis and reports.
- Parameters development for the additive manufacturing machines
- Process input data and provide and assess modeling parameters
- Develop testing, training, and production datasets
- Collaborating with the additive team regarding specific material needs, standards, and goals
- Working with design engineers and material vendors to fine-tune print settings
- Development of certification-quality parameter sets
- Conduct metallurgical analysis, operate metallurgy machines, and optimize procedures
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, or another relevant discipline
, or applicable industry experience
- Material research experience
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and follow all required safety guidelines
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch around machines, and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- 3+ years in additive manufacturing lab
- Metal and/or polymer additive machining experience
- Experience working in an AS9100/ISO9000 environment