At Abonmarche, our reputation is built on trust, passion, reliability, and quality. We are committed to exceeding the needs of each client. We work closely with our clients to understand what they need to accomplish and what they hope to achieve. Then we put our expert technical and creative skills to work - and help them to create a great place.
Our team consists of over 130 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in Fort Wayne, South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart and Goshen, Indiana as well as Benton Harbor, South Haven and Kalamazoo, Michigan. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, and landscape architecture services for governmental, residential, and commercial clients.
We are seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable, creative and experienced team. Benefits include a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, disability and paid time off. Please visit our website at www.abonmarche.com.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including: roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, traffic signals, marinas and asset management projects.Also includes site design for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates.
- Attend client meetings.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Instruct draft persons/technicians to prepare working drawings.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Perform occasional drafting.
- Design of roads and streets, including familiarity with AASHTO and MDOT Geometric Design Guidelines.
- Design of storm water drainage systems, including storm water sewers and storage facilities. Ability to analyze rainfall and runoff rates using Rational Method, US TR-55. Experience with modeling software preferred.
- Design of sanitary sewer collection and pumping systems, and familiarity with 10-State Standards.
- Design of water main and water distribution networks, including principles of valve placement, hydrant spacing, and construction techniques.
- Experience with bidding and construction administration tasks, including bid opening and tabulation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS Civil Engineering
- EIT required; PE preferred
- 3 - 6 years experience
- Good written and verbal communication skilss
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with construction materials, procedures, and documents.
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible